When to Visit an Orthopedic Specialist

The Future is Bright

A simple sprain of the ankle, back, or knee can cause pain and end up being troubling enough to hamper your daily schedule. Figuring out whether that slight back or knee pain isn’t something more sinister can be a challenge without the help of a physical therapist with a specialty in orthopedics.

It is highly recommended to consult our orthopedic specialist in New Tripoli or Whitehall to find out what your pain may be coming from. 

Here are some of the signs that you may need to visit a physical therapist with a specialty in orthopedics:

  • You are unable to move freely or feel very stiff

Range of motion loss or stiffness that does not go away after a couple of days is something that should be addressed by a physical therapist that specializes in orthopedics.  There is usually a reason for stiffness and ignoring the issue can make it much worse in the long run.

  • You feel weak or off balance while walking or standing

There is always a reason for weakness or balance issues.  If you are having problems with falling, imbalance or weakness it is a good idea to contact a physical therapist. A healthy diet with foods rich in protein may be a remedy for the time being, but it is important to find out the cause of your instability and weakness as quickly as possible.

  • You have an injury or pain that does not seem to go away

If you have pain in your back, knee, or hip that does not seem to go away within a week, it is best to contact one of our physical therapists who specialize in orthopedics in the New Tripoli or Whitehall area.

  • Your quality of life has reduced

If you are having chronic pain, you may not be able to do all of things you enjoy such as walking and playing with your grandchildren.  Often times, people wait until they have considerable pain and can no longer do the things they love.  It is always best to seek treatment from a licensed physical therapist immediately.  Physical therapists can help you through your acute or chronic pain.

It is always recommended to visit a medical profession or physical therapist who specializes in orthopedics when you are having chronic pain or issues with your balance. When it comes to our health, it is always best to see a professional immediately. 

Do you Have Questions About Pain?